HM in Canada's Note:
A nice, slightly spicey chicken, with a not-too-sweet red wine applesauce topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 1/3 cup raspberry red wine vinegar (or add to taste)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or add to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (or add to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
Red Wine Applesauce topping
- 2Pour the olive oil into a bowl, and add the raspberry vinegar, maple syrup, and worcestershire sauce to taste. Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of thyme and chili pepper flakes for desired taste.
- 3Put chicken breasts into a plastic bag (up to 3 for the given measurements), mix the marinade well, and pour over the chicken. Seal plastic bag and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- 4Mix red wine, cream, and chopped ginger into a bowl, and refrigerate for 3 or 4 hours.
- 6Remove the chicken from the marinade and brown the exterior in a frying pan. Then transfer the chicken breasts to a baking sheet and bake in an oven for 10 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Throw marinade away.
- 7Remove the chopped ginger from the red wine sauce and throw away. Pour the redwine and cream mixture into the frying pan. Add the apricot and guava jams, and mix thoroughly. Cut apples into wedges, peel, and microwave in a bowl for up to 2.5 minutes. Mash the apples with a fork and add to the frying pan. Again, mix thoroughly, then allow the sauce to simmer on minimum until thick.
- 8Top chicken with sauce and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Chicken With Red Wine Applesauce
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1348.2
- Calories from Fat 1085
- Total Fat 120.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 45.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 32.1 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
raspberry red wine vinegar
unsweetened apricot jam
unsweetened guava jam