Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 ripe plantains or 2 firm bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- For sauce, in a small saucepan combine raspberries and granulated sugar.
- Heat over low heat about 3 minutes or until the berries are softened.
- Press berries through a fine mesh sieve; discard seeds.
- For plantains, in a large nonstick skillet heat butter over medium heat.
- Add the plantains and cook and stir about 2 minutes or until plantains are lightly browned and slightly softened.
- Stir in brown sugar and vinegar; heat through.
- Remove from heat; stir in green onions and jalapeno pepper.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Spooon sauce over chicken and serve with plantains.