Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
From Taste of Home. Preparation time includes refrigeration time. From the Editor: 3 lbs of uncooked chicken wing sections (wingettes) may be substituted for the whole chicken wings. Omit cutting wings and discarding tips.
- 2⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2⁄3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke, divided (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 15 whole chicken wings (about 3 lbs)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup water
- In small bowl, combine the barbeque sauce, jam, chopped onion, jalapenos, 1 t garlic, 1 t Liquid Smoke if desired and salt.
- Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Cut chicken wings into 3 sections.
- Discard wing tip section.
- Place the chicken wings in a greased 15x10" baking pan.
- Top with sliced onion and remaining garlic.
- Combine the water and remaining Liquid Smoke if desired.
- Pour over wings.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Transfer wings to a greased broiler pan.
- Brush with sauce.
- Broil 4-6" from the heat for 20-25 minutes, turning and basting every 5 minutes until wings are well coated.