Recipe by Please Delete
Great sandwiches for a small get together to watch the game. The raspberry sauce makes the sandwich. Tastes great with beer..;)
- 1 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices swiss cheese
- 24 slices French bread
- shredded lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine the first four ingredients.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Set aside 1 cup for serving and remaining for basting.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick spray and heat grill.
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut in in half width wise; place in large ziplock bag.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; brush remaining oil on both sides of bread.
- Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side, basting frequently with raspberry sauce.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Grill bread, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until lightly brown on one side.
- Turn and top half of the bread with a slice of cheese.
- Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until bottom of bread is toasted.
- Place a piece of chicken, lettuce and reserved raspberry sauce on half of bread slices; top with remaining bread.