Recipe by :)Shirl(:
This is going to be the first recipe I make in my pressure cooker. Looks like a good combination of ingredients. Hope you and I like it. From Joanna White "This is an absolutely delicious chicken recipe, but depending on the type of jam used, it can take on a very dark color. Enhance the appearance by garnishing with fine shreds of orange zest."
Top Review by Adrienne in Reisterstown
OH MY GOODNESS!!! We are in PC heaven!!! The recipe was AWESOME!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!! We are so happy over here! The chicken is just sweet enough, just citrusy enough, just a hint of the honey and vinegar in the background. It didn't hurt to do the marinade overnight in a FoodSaver container either. Ok so bottom line? This was (as we say in our southern family), "slap ya mama" good!! A total winner. Nobody blew raspberries at my raspberry chicken (sorry, couldn't resist). The recipe is written for a stovetop pressure cooker. To revise for electric, set your PC to "brown" and brown the chicken thoroughly. THEN pour in the marinade on top. Set to 80 (full pressure) and I went for 15 minutes. This will be an all-time favorite in our house! Thanks to the Chef Shirley!!!
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red wine
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2-1 cup raspberry jam (sugarless okay)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 -4 lbs whole chickens, cut into pieces
- orange zest (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together except chicken and zest, stir until well combined.
- Taste and adjust sweetness to your personal preference.
- Pout mixture over chicken and let it marinate at least 4 hours, preferable overnight, in the refrigerator.
- Place chicken with marinade in the pressure cooker and bring to a boil.
- Seal, bring up to 15 pounds pressure, reduce heat to stabilize pressure and cook for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat, depressurize using cold water, remove lid and remove chicken leaving marinade in pot.
- If a thicker sauce is desired, boil sauce in uncovered pot until it thickens.
- Pour thickened sauce over chicken and sprinkle with orange zest.