Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr
The flavors are wonderful and it looks really pretty on the plate!
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) bag frozen raspberries (or fresh if berries look desirable)
- 5 ounces brie cheese, wedge
- 1⁄2 cup lightly toasted walnuts (chopped)
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (mashed)
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (or to taste)
- Pound each chicken breast to 1/2 inch thickness. Marinate the chicken in the olive oil, rosemary and garlic for 20- 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (or the recommended baking temperature for the dough). Heat a skillet over medium heat and sauté chicken in 1 tablespoon olive oil until lightly browned on both sides or just cooked through.
- Drain chicken on paper towels and allow to rest.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Allow puff pastry to thaw at room temperature as directed on package.
- Over medium-high heat combine the water, sugar and raspberries.
- Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered until desired consistency.
- Lay one sheet of puff pastry on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Place one piece of chicken in the center.
- Cover the chicken with 1/2 the brie and the desired amount of raspberries.
- Top with walnuts.
- Fold the pastry over the chicken.
- Wet fingers in cool water if pastry is dry or will not hold position.
- Bake at recommended puff pastry baking time (400°F) until pastry is golden brown.
- This takes approximately 35 minutes.