Prep 45 mins
Cook 11 mins
In '1,000 Lowfat Recipes' by Terry Blonder Golson
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry preserves, preferably seedless
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 8 cups mixed greens, washed, dried, and torn into pieces (or spinach)
- 1⁄2 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and sliced into thin half-moons
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat the grill or broiler.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or oil the grill.
- Whisk together the preserves, vinegars, and mustard; set aside 1/2 cup.
- Brush the chicken generously with the marinade; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on the baking sheet or grill.
- Cook for 5 minutes; turn over; brush with the marinade and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 4-6 minutes more (be prepared for smoke).
- When the chicken is cool enough to handle, slice.
- Place the greens in a serving bowl or on individual plates.
- Arrange the cantaloupe and chicken in overlapping layers on the lettuces.
- Decorate with the raspberries.
- Whisk the water and oil into the reserved 1/2 cup of marinade.
- Drizzle some over the salad and serve the rest on the side.