1/2 Photos of Raspberry Chicken Adobo
1 hr 1 min
Lady Dancer's Note:
A light version of this popular dish. This one will get rave reviews and presents very well. The recipe was served with sugar snap pea pods so those are included with the recipe as an option. I had never cooked with anise seeds and was very surprised at the result. I did substitute 1 t of ground ginger for the fresh ginger and was very pleased with the result. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seed
- 1/2 cup fat-free raspberry vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup fresh raspberry
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 8 ounces fresh sugar snap peas (optional)
- 1Place chicken in large frying pan.
- 2In small bowl combine raspberry vinaigrette dressing, garlic, ginger, anise seed, water and soy sauce.
- 3Pour over chicken and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 25 minutes.
- 5Remove chicken from pan, place on broiler pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- 6Broil 3 minutes on each side - 4 inches from broiler.
- 7Remove chicken to heated platter, cover and set aside.
- 8Bring sauce in frying pan to a boil and cook about 15 minutes or until thickened and reduced by about 1/2.
- 9To serve: pour a portion of the sauce on each of 4 individual plates.
- 10Thinly slice each chicken breast half across the grain and fan out slices on one side of each plate.
- 11Garnish with raspberries.
- 12Optional: Fan out fresh sugar snap pea pods on the other side of the plate.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Chicken Adobo
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.4
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 609.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 28.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free raspberry vinaigrette