Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is wonderful while fresh raspberries are in season.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons sweet butter
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 4 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon crushed tomatoes
- 16 fresh raspberries (optional)
- Flatten each chicken breast by pressing gently with the palm of your hand.
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Raise heat, add chicken and cook about 3 minutes per side or until lightly colored.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add onion to fat in pan and cook, covered, over low heat until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add vinegar, raise heat and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until vinegar is reduced to a syrupy spoonful.
- Whisk in chicken stock, heavy cream and crushed tomatoes and simmer for 1 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet and simmer gently in sauce, basting often, until it is just done and sauce has been reduced and thickened slightly, about 5 minutes; do not overcook.
- Remove chicken and arrange on heated serving platter.
This is an excellent recipe I've made many times. Sometimes I substitute fat-free sour cream for the heavy cream. Sometimes I add sauteed mushrooms to the mix.