Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of the best new recipes we have tried in quite a while. The original recipe called for 4 bone-in pork chops, but as mom is allergic to pork products we changed it to chicken breasts. We also used boneles breasts because we had them. This reduced the cooking time somewhat. The time here is for the boneless breasts. If you use bone-in meat, it will take a bit longer.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Coat chicken with flour and shake off the excess.
- Brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- Pour lemon juice over chicken.
- Combine jam, ginger, salt, and pepper; spread over chicken.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and cook til chicken is tender and juices run clear.
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ This is a nice change from most of the chicken breast dishes that I make, & it's simple to make! Another time I'd like to use a raspberry fruit spread & increase the amount, but change isn't a big one! Thanks for this nice recipe!