Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 3 cups raspberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 dash ground pepper
- 3 chicken breasts, boned,skinned and halved
- In a blender, place 2 cups of raspberries, maple syrup and lemon juice; cover and blend on high until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, stir together cornstarch, salt, and pepper.
- Gradually stir in raspberry mixture until smooth.
- Stirring constantly, bring to boil over medium heat and boil for 1 minute.
- Arrange chicken and remaining raspberries in a greased 10 x 6 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 to 35 minutes or until chicken is tender.
I found the raspberry sauce overpowering in this recipe. I tried reducing it to 1/3rd of the amount called for, and it was still dominating the dish. The chicken breasts turned a very unattractive purple color, so even the presentation was not acceptable in my opinion. I am not sure what could be done to remedy this, possibly baking the chicken and then adding a very little sauce during the last 15 minutes of baking?? I am sorry that I cannot give this recipe more than two stars.