Recipe by tamibic
This is so good. It is easy and great for when your having company - it looks pretty. Serve with wild rice and fresh green beans
Top Review by nomnom
I used Smucker's sugar-free seedless black raspberry jam and it still came out beautifully. I, however, omitted the oil and the onion. The thyme added a lovely flavor contast with the raspberry. I also added a sprinkling of cinnamon in the sauce. Yum! As an accompaniment, I made a mix of brown and wild rices, some golden rasins, cherry-flavored craisins, and yet another sprinkling of cinnamon. I cooked the rices in water mixed with a fresh-squeezed orange. It was like having dessert for dinner. However, none of us were florred, but we all enjoyed it. Thank you. (I'm sure if I had any onions, it would taste even better)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup rasberry jam (seedless)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet and saute onion about 5 min.
- Add chicken and sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken 6-8 minutes per side.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add jam and balsamic vinegar, stir to scrape brown bits and jam melts.
- serve over chicken.