Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Low glycemic Raspberry chicken.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 8 ounces raspberry spreadable fruit (no sugar added)
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Season chicken with thyme and salt on both sides. Set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook onion until browned and soft.
- Add chicken and cook until well cooked, about 8 minutes each side. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add fruit spread, balsamic vinegar and pepper to oil in skillet. Cook for several minutes until ingredients are well combined and fruit spread is melted.
- Serve chicken with sauce poured over top.
YUM! So good and simple! Enjoyed the flavor and the juiciness of the chicken.
This was so good, I loved the combination of the raspberry and chicken. The rest of my family wasn't as excited about it as I was, but I would eat it again and again!
This was very easy and pretty good for a quick meal. I used Smucker's no sugar added raspberry preserves and cut the recipe back to one serving. I sprinkled the thyme on the chicken without measuring it and got a bit too much on it, which was totally my fault, but still a good dish!