Recipe by mandabears
I have been making these yummy fruit bars for years and everyone loves them, except DH who hates raspberries. Most "normal" people love them. This recipe comes from the back of a Pillsbury Plus cake mix box. I hope you like it as much as DH hates it. Yes the oatmeal and butter are listed twice.
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix, I use Pillsbury
- 1⁄3 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 10 ounces frozen raspberries, thawed, drained, save liquid
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan over low heat dissolve the cornstarch in the reserved raspberry liquid.
- When all of the cornstarch is dissolved add the raspberries.
- Stir constantly and bring to a boil until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, 1/3 cup oatmeal and 1/2 cup butter at low speed mix until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup of crumb mixture.
- Add 1 egg to the crumb mixture in large bowl.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Place into 13 x 9 pan and press into bottom creating a crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In same bowl combine the reserved crumbs. 1/4 cup oatmeal and 1 tablespoon softened butter or margarine.
- Mix until crumbly.
- Remove crust from oven.
- Spread raspberry mixture over base.
- Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Return to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.