Recipe by Rhonda *J*
Posting in response to a request for a party dessert. Makes an attractive and yummy dessert.
Top Review by Margii
This rocks! I made this last year for Chrissy (Australia) and my brother and I were fighting over the last spoonful! I am making it for the in-laws Christmas this year and know it will be another hit! Too yummy to stop at one bowl! I also froze the cake and cut it semi-frozen as I found it easier to work with
- 2 (300 g) packages frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 (250 g) packages cream cheese (regular or light)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice or 3 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 3 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 1 whole pound cake, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 ounces bakers semisweet chocolate, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain raspberries, save juice, set aside.
- Beat cream cheese& sugar until very smooth.
- Add orange juice or liqueur, fold in whipping cream.
- To assemble: Drizzle cake slices with 1/4 cup of the reserved raspberry juice.
- In an 8 cup (2L) glass or trifle bowl, layer half of the cake slices, 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture, half the frozen berries (pressing some berries against sides of bowl) and 1/3 of the grated chocolate.
- Spoon remaining 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture over second berry layer.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- For an attractive presentation: Mound a few fresh raspberries in the centre of the dessert and garnish with mint leaves.
- Then top it all off with remaining grated chocolate.