Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
from Better Homes and Gardens
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen raspberries, unsweetened,thawed
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream soda
- Place 6 (16 oz) glasses in the freezer to chill if desired.
- Combine frozen raspberries, cream cheese, almond extract, half the ice cream, and 1/2 cup of the cream soda in a blender.
- Blend until you have a smooth mixture.
- Divide mixture into the 6 chilled glasses.
- Using remaining ice cream, put a scoop in each glass.
- Fill glasses with remaining cream soda and serve.
Very refreshing! I scaled the recipe down for one and used light cream cheese, but otherwise followed exactly. Like a sparkly smooothie. :) Thanks for sharing!
I found this recipe in BHG Eat magazine, summer 2007. It was the first recipe I tried out of the magazine. I was so intrigued by the milkshake / cream soda combo! This is so refreshing... perfect for a warm summer day.