Recipe by Tish
Got this out of the "Cooking Light 5 Star Recipes" book and it is fabulous. Tastes like a fattening dish! Great for a romantic dinner for two as well.
Top Review by Dawn
I wish I had more than 5 stars. I've just finished scraping my spoon against the parfait dish to get every last taste sensation. It does taste like a fattening dish. I had the serving portion and I was totally satisfied. The taste is creamy and tastes like cheesecake, but without the work of course. The dessert was done in no time and we didn't even chill it for the whole 2 hours, and it didn't affect the taste. I highly recommend this dessert for those cutting calories and for those who don't need to, you'll never guess it's low fat. I did have to double the recipe to feed my family, because the original only makes 2 servings.
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fat free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons no-sugar added all fruit seedless raspberry jelly, melted
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 6 tablespoons vanilla wafer crumbs (about 10 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add first 3 ingredients.
- Process until smooth, scraping sides of processor bowl once; set mixture aside.
- Combine raspberry spread and raspberries, and stir gently.
- Spoon 1/4 cup raspberry mixture into each of 2 8 oz parfait glasses.
- Top each with 2 Tbs ricotta mixture, 3 Tbs cookie crumbs, 2 Tbs ricotta mixture, 1/4 cup raspberry mixture, and 1 Tbs whipped topping.
- Chill parfaits at least 2 hours before serving.