Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Got this out of the "Cooking Light 5 Star Recipes" book and it is fabulous. Tastes like a fattening dish! Great for a romantic dinner for two as well.
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fat free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons no-sugar added all fruit seedless raspberry jelly, melted
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 6 tablespoons vanilla wafer crumbs (about 10 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add first 3 ingredients.
- Process until smooth, scraping sides of processor bowl once; set mixture aside.
- Combine raspberry spread and raspberries, and stir gently.
- Spoon 1/4 cup raspberry mixture into each of 2 8 oz parfait glasses.
- Top each with 2 Tbs ricotta mixture, 3 Tbs cookie crumbs, 2 Tbs ricotta mixture, 1/4 cup raspberry mixture, and 1 Tbs whipped topping.
- Chill parfaits at least 2 hours before serving.
I wish I had more than 5 stars. I've just finished scraping my spoon against the parfait dish to get every last taste sensation. It does taste like a fattening dish. I had the serving portion and I was totally satisfied. The taste is creamy and tastes like cheesecake, but without the work of course. The dessert was done in no time and we didn't even chill it for the whole 2 hours, and it didn't affect the taste. I highly recommend this dessert for those cutting calories and for those who don't need to, you'll never guess it's low fat. I did have to double the recipe to feed my family, because the original only makes 2 servings.
I thought this would be delicious, but in making the creamy portion I decided it needed a little more sugar. The sugar broke down the ricotta leaving me with a runny mess. I will try the recipe without the extra sugar (or with a substitute) when I get some more ricotta. :-)
This is really good and pretty to look at, also. I only had full fat cream cheese in the house but I took the calorie chance and made it anyways. So very good that I'd bet it'd be great with the low fat version of cream cheese, too. The was so easy to put together and I'll be making it often and perhaps try different berries.