Recipe by Kaarin
These are so yummy!!! Inside each muffin is a pocket of raspberry jam and cream cheese. Very moist.
Top Review by jenkarpicke
These muffins also turned out too dense and bisquit-like when I made them. I wish the batter had been sweeter, but the filling was very yummy! We also had trouble with the muffins 'exploding' in the pan, and with the muffin cups being very sticky and hard to remove. If I made this recipe again I would consider mixing the cream cheese into the batter and filling them with a pocket of jelly!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry jam
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine muffin ingredients.
- Do not overbeat.
- Grease 12 muffin cups or use paper liners.
- Spoon half the batter into muffin cups.
- Then spoon 1 tablespoons cream cheese mixture and 1 teaspoons jam into each cup.
- Spoon remaining batter on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove muffins and cool on rack.