Recipe by Marie
Have not made this recipe, but it sounds awesome. Fresh raspberries are folded into the batter and a cream cheese mixture is placed on top of the muffins and lightly swirled through before baking. Recipe found on the internet.
Top Review by cookee monster
DH said, "I'm glad the kids didn't like these." They are pretty darn good. I'd be tempted to add a few more raspberries next time because I love them. But that topping, mmmmm. I'm going to put that on zucchini muffins and on chocolate cupcakes! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400° and grease muffin tins or line with paper cups.
- In a small bowl, beat all topping ingredients together until smooth and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine milk, butter and vanilla and stir over medium heat until butter melts.
- Cool to lukewarm, then beat in the eggs.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add milk mixture and stir just to blend.
- Gently fold in raspberries.
- Divide the batter among 12 muffin cups and place 2 teaspoons of cream cheese mixture on top of each muffin.
- Pull knife through each top to swirl lightly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly.