Prep 1 hr
Cook 12 mins
This is such a pretty dessert.
- 8 sheets phyllo dough
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (no substitutes)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1⁄4 real vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- fresh raspberry
- Unroll phyllo dough sheets; trim if necessary into 13X9 rectangles.
- (While assembling, keep remaining dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp cloth). Brush one phyllo sheet with butter.
- Top with another sheet; brush with butter.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo and butter.
- Cut stack lengthwise into three pieces; cut widthwise into fourths.
- Lightly press each stack into a greased muffin cup.
- In a blender, place the egg, lemon juice, vanilla, cheeses, and sugar; cover and process until smooth.
- Spoon about 2 tbsp into each phyllo cup.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Carefully remove from pan to wire racks to cool.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- For sauce, drain raspberries, reserving juice in a small pan; set berries aside.
- Bring juice to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until reduced to 3/4 cup.
- In a blender, puree reserved raspberries; press through a sieve to remove seeds.
- In a bowl, combine pureed raspberries, raspberry juice, sugar and lemon juice.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- To serve, spoon raspberry sauce onto dessert plates; top each with a cheesecake cup.
- Garnish with fresh berries and mint.
These are awesome, I have made this recipe numerous times for dinner parties and potlucks.....they look so pretty on the table and everyone loves them. I usually add chocolate to half the filling . They are a little time consuming but very much worth it!