Recipe by ~Nimz~
This is a great desert. Easy to make also. From BH&G Christmas Cookies 1995.
Top Review by Dying2Live
This was good, I would have liked more cheesecake and preserves I think though. I heated up my preserves and they seemed to marble very well. I also cooked my cookie bottom for 20 minutes and then the topping took almost 10 minutes to set and I think the cookie was still a bit harder then I would have liked.
- 3⁄4 cup butter (softened)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the 3/4 cup sugar and beat till combined.
- Beat in egg yolk and vanilla till combined.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
- Stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
- Spread dough in a lightly greased 12 or 13 inch pizza pan.
- Bake in a 350-F oven about 25 minutes or till golden.
- Meanwhile, beat together cream cheese, 1 egg and the 1 tbl sugar till smoth.
- Spread over hot crust to within 1/2 inch of the edge.
- Dollop preserve on top.
- With a knife, carefully swirl preserve to marble.
- Sprinkle with almond.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes more till filling is set.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Cut in wedges.
- Store in refrigerator.