Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A favorite dessert in an easy to transport shape. These are a hit.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, Melted
- 1 (12 ounce) jar seedless red raspberry jam, stirred until smooth, divided
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9x2-inch backing pan.
- Mix together flour, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Gradually pour in butter, tossing with a fork until mixture is moistened. Pat mixture evenly into prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes. Cool for 5 Minutes, then spread with 3/4 cup jam.
- Beat cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, lemon zest with mixer until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour over jam and spread with spatula. Bake 25 additional minutes. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix together sour cream, 3 Tbs. sugar, and 1tsp. Vanilla until smooth. Spread evenly over cheesecake. Warm remaining jam in saucepan over medium heat. Carefully pour into plastic baggie, snip off one end. Pipe jam in thin stream on top in a swirl pattern. Bake 5-7 minutes, until sour cream topping is set. Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or over night.
This was a yummy delicious cheesecake although next time I'd leave out the nuts as I felt their taste competed with the cheesecake and it would have been better off without it. I also did not heat up the jelly since I do not let hot foods come into contact with plastic and I'm happy that I didn't since it was already quite sweet. Just adding some berries gave it all the color it needed. Made for My-3-Chefs '08.