1 hr 5 mins
If your family is a cheesecake family, then you must try this recipe. It’s just like cheesecake, but easier to make and serve. No water bath is required, you don’t need a springform pan, and you end up with pretty squares. Blueberries or blackberries may be substituted for the raspberries if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar (sometimes called icing or powdered)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into 12 pieces
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Adjust the oven rack to the bottom third of the oven. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with heavy duty aluminum foil, making sure that the foil is tucked into all the corners and that there is at least 1 inch over-hanging the top of the pan on all sides.
- 2MAKE THE CRUST: Combine the flour, confectioners’ sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. With an electric mixer, mix on low speed to combine. Add the butter and mix on low speed until the ingredients just begin to come together in clumps. Sprinkle this mixture across the bottom of the baking pan and press it with your fingertips into an even layer. Place the pan in the freezer for 15 minutes and then bake the crust until it is light golden, 20 to 22 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees, and let the crust cool until just warm to the touch.
- 3MAKE THE FILLING: Combine the cream cheese and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the mixture until very smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat again until smooth.
- 4Pour the filling on top of the warm crust. Smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Scatter the berries over the top of the filling. Bake at 325 degrees until the filling is just set in the center, 50 to 55 minutes. Let the pan cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate until the bars are completely chilled, at least 3 hours.
- 5Grasping the overhanging foil on either side of the pan, lift the foil from the pan onto a cutting board. Cut 16 squares.
- 6Raspberry Cheesecake Bars will keep in the refrigerator In an airtight container for up to 2 days. Makes 16 bars.
- 7Mom’s Big Book of Baking.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1063 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.5
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 70.9 mg
- Sodium 130.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g