Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs 45 mins
Good on holiday cookie plates,or cut into larger portions for dessert.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam, or favorite jam
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- In large mixing bowl,combine flour,brown sugar,and chopped almonds.
- Cut in shortening with pastry blender till mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Reserve 1/2 cup for topping.
- Press remining mixture into bottom of 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or till edges are golden.
- In another mixing bowl,beat cream cheese,sugar,eggs and almond extract until smooth.
- Spread over hot crust.
- Return to oven and bake 15 minutes.
- Stir jam until smooth,Spread over cream cheese layer.
- In small bowl,mix reserved crumb mixture,coconut,and sliced almonds.
- Sprinkle over jam layer.
- Return to oven and bake about 15 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cover and chill for 3 hours before cutting into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.