Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this in an Appetizer cookbook put out by Taste of Home. The picture caught my eye -- then I read the ingredients and knew I had to try it. It was so, so good. The raspberry preserves are what takes this over the top.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- assorted cracker
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and mayonnaise until blended.
- Beat in cheeses and onions.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spread into a plastic wrap-lined 9 inch round dish. Refrigerate until set. About an hour.
- Invert onto a serving plate; spread with preserves and serve with crackers.
Very tasty recipe! I took this to a potluck, and everyone loved it. I did add a little garlic powder and cayenne to mine, and I toasted the pecans first. I used my food processor to blend this, adding the green onions and pecans last, so they'd get minced but not pureed.
Oh, these ingredients together sounded suspicious to me, but you are right...that raspberry takes it right over the top!! Yum! Next time I will use finely shredded cheese to have a smoother texture. Thanks for sharing!!