Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This appetizer can be made low fat and still taste great. The nuts and the jalapeño raspberry make it slightly different than other versions and I like the additions.
- 1 lb cheddar cheese (grated, sharp)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small onion (grated)
- 1 cup nuts, finely chopped (I use pecans)
- 1 dash cayenne
- black pepper
- raspberry preserves (I prefer a fiery jalepeno raspberry ambrosia by Praire Thyme)
- Mix cheese, nuts, mayonnaise and onion until well blended in a bowl.
- Stir in cayenne and black pepper to taste.
- Can be chilled overnight or served.
- I spread it around the outside of a platter and leave a space in the center to pour the preserves into.
- Serve with wheat crackers. I personally prefer Triscuits.