Recipe by Juenessa
This zesty cheese ring can be also made as a log. The jelly may seem strange, but it is what makes this appetizer delicious!
Top Review by pinaypplegirl
My aunt had her caterer make this one year for Thanksgiving... and I just had to track down the recipe. I tried this one and it got really good reviews at a potluck at work. Next time, I think I might try adding some kind of nut to the outside of the ring for another textural element/contrast. Fantastic overall though.
- 1 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 medium green onions, finely chopped (white parts only)
- 1 pinch cayenne, pepper. (to taste)
- 1 pinch garlic salt, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) jar raspberry preserves
- 1 (10 ounce) packagethin wheat crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix together the Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, green onion, cayenne pepper, and garlic salt until well blended.
- Coat a ring shaped gelatin mold generously with cooking spray.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the mold, cover, and chill for 2 to 3 hours to set.
- Unmold onto a serving plate, and pour raspberry preserves into the center.
- Arrange wheat crackers around the outside of the ring.
- **Cook time does not include chill time for mold to set.