Top Review by redhead998
My husband's "best I ever tasted" raspberry creamcheese pie. Not adding sugar to the raspberries left them rather tart.....but that is nicely followed by the sweet cream cheese underneath. I also added a thin layer of sour cream on top of the cheesecake before adding the berries & glaze. Very yummy
- 8 ounces cream cheese, Softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 20 ounces frozen raspberries, Thawed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, Whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cream cheese and sour cream in a bowl, using an electric mixer set at medium speed, until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and eggs blending well.
- Pour into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 375 degrees F.
- for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, drain the raspberries, reserving the juice.
- Add enough water to the juice to make 3/4 cup of juice.
- Blend the cornstarch and juice together in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Cook, over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Cook for 1 minute more. (Mixture will be very thick.) Remove from the heat and stir in the raspberries, then cool to room temperature.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cooled raspberries and spread the mixture over the chilled cream cheese layer.
- Chill for an additional 2 to 3 hours before serving.