Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Sweet and tart. Light and airy.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, cut up
- 1 (12 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature beaten to lighten it
- 2 1⁄2 cups raspberry preserves
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Stir together flour and salt; cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Stir in cheese until blended.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Pat each ball on a lightly floured with powdered sugar surface into a 2 1/2-inch circle.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon raspberry in center of each circle.
- Fold circles in half, pressing edges to seal making sure no air is inside.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Brush with egg white.
- Stir together 1/2 cup sugar,cinnamon and almonds; sprinkle evenly over crescents.
- Bake at 375° for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Very yummy, a little effort with the overnight resting though. I think these would be so much fun for children to make, pressing out the pastry and folding over. I didn't stir the cream cheese in with a spoon but mashed it in with my hands like scone dough. Next time I will buy almond meal so that it sticks better, I think mine was a little chunky this time.