Recipe by BLUE ROSE
Another recipe I found at our fair. This one seemed great to try.
Top Review by MarlaM
Made these for one of our Christmas desserts and got great reviews! I sprayed my pan and they did stick and burn a little bit where the jam touched the pan, but the bottoms didn't stick at all and came out really nicely! Very sweet and delicious! Thanks fo posting!
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix oats, flour, 1 cup sugar, coconut, nuts, butter and brown sugar until crumbly: reserve 1 1/2 cups.
- Pat remaining crumbly mixture in a greased rectangular pan, 13x9x2.
- Bake 15 minutes: Cool 5 minutes.
- Spread with jam.
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar, egg and cream cheese: pour over jam.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbly mixture.
- Bake until top is golden and brown. About 20 to 25 minutes: Cool.
- Cut bars into, about 2x1 1/2 inch.