Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so easy to make that you can invite your friends for coffee and have it ready by the time they arrive.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to cream cheese mixture, beating at low speed until well blended. Spread batter into a greased and floured 13-x9-inch pan. Dollop with preserves, and swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cake begins to leave sides of pan. Cool slightly, and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into squares.
I forgot to rate this. Sorry. It is easy quick and makes a nice size cake. Everyone at work loved it.
Well, I woke up early this morning, about 3 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep. Finally around 4 a.m. I decided to try this. I didn't have any raspberry perserves, but I did find some very old pineapple-apricot preserves. I gave it a try and I'm gald I did. It was very good. I'd like to try it again with maybe 2 kinds of perserves, like apricot or strawberry for half the pan and raspberry for the other half. Anyway, I thought it was very good, and it had a nice texture. It was a great way to start the day. Thank you.
Easy to make the night before. I copied the recipe and placed next to the dish. I was proud to say it was mine!