Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so easy to make that you can invite your friends for coffee and have it ready by the time they arrive.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to cream cheese mixture, beating at low speed until well blended. Spread batter into a greased and floured 13-x9-inch pan. Dollop with preserves, and swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cake begins to leave sides of pan. Cool slightly, and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into squares.
I forgot to rate this. Sorry. It is easy quick and makes a nice size cake. Everyone at work loved it.
Well, I woke up early this morning, about 3 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep. Finally around 4 a.m. I decided to try this. I didn't have any raspberry perserves, but I did find some very old pineapple-apricot preserves. I gave it a try and I'm gald I did. It was very good. I'd like to try it again with maybe 2 kinds of perserves, like apricot or strawberry for half the pan and raspberry for the other half. Anyway, I thought it was very good, and it had a nice texture. It was a great way to start the day. Thank you.
Easy to make the night before. I copied the recipe and placed next to the dish. I was proud to say it was mine!