3 hrs 20 mins
3 hrs 20 mins
Found in Diana's Recipe Book. I"ve had this recipe in my folder to try & now seems to be that moment. The picture looks wonderful! Posted in response to a very nice request. No passive cooking time involved just the prep time, about 3 to 3-1/2 hrs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 ounce unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package jello raspberry gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoons Chambord raspberry liquor (Use more if needed)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages sponge type ladyfingers (24 ladyfingers, split)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1Make the raspberry jello according to pkg instructions and pour into the bottom of an 8" souffle dish, allow to set.
- 2Arrange the split ladyfingers around the souffle dish in an upright position, cutting them to size if they are slightly taller than the dish(this takes time, but they do remain in place if you take care).
- 3In a small saucepan, warm the milk and sprinkle the unflavored gelatin over the milk and stir well until gelatin has dissolved, allow to cool.
- 4Whip the cream and egg white separately, then fold beaten egg white into whipped cream. Gently stir in the sugar and the Chambord.
- 5Add gelatin/milk mixture to the whipped cream mixture, stir well and gently spoon into the ladyfinger lined dish. Cover with a plate and allow to cool until set.
- 6To Remove Charlotte from Souffle Dish:.
- 7Immerse the dish in hot water for a moment to loosen the jello, place a plate over the dish and turn it over, giving the bottom a gentle bang to release the charlotte from the dish. Before serving, decorate top of charlotte with frozen raspberries.
- 8Serve immediately and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Charlotte Russe
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.7
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 161.1 mg
- Sodium 117.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chambord raspberry liquor