5 hrs 20 mins
Colby's Mom's Note:
This dessert is so beautiful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) bag individually quick frozen raspberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus
- extra sugar, for dusting pan
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold cranberry-raspberry juice or 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 (3 ounce) packages unfilled ladyfingers
- 10 ounces fresh raspberries (2 1/2 cups)
- 1Stir and press raspberries with back of wooden spoon through a strainer set over a bowl (you'll have about 1 1/3 cup puree).
- 2Add sugar; stir until dissolved.
- 3Sprinkle gelatin over juice in a medium saucepan.
- 4Let stand 1 minute.
- 5Then stir over medium heat until gelatin dissolves.
- 6Add half the puree; heat until warm.
- 7Stir into puree in bowl.
- 8Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, 1 hr or until consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- 9Meanwhile lightly coat an 8 or 9" Springform pan with nonstick spray.
- 10Dust with sugar; shake out excess.
- 11Lay strips of ladyfingers, rounded sides out, around inside of pan.
- 12Cover bottom of pan with ladyfingers, flat sides down and trimmed to fit.
- 13Beat heavy cream in large bowl with mixer on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
- 14Remove 1 cup and reserve.
- 15Fold remaining whipped cream into raspberry puree until blended.
- 16Remove 1 cup; reserve.
- 17Spread remaining raspberry cream evenly in prepared pan.
- 18Scrape reserved whipped cream into the bowl and fold into reserved raspberry cream until well blended.
- 19Scrape on top of first mixture; spread carefully into an even layer.
- 20Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight at least 4 hours.
- 21UP TO 1 DAY BEFORE SERVING: Cover top of cake with a layer of raspberries, then remove pan sides.
- 22Refrigerate until serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Charlotte
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.9
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 25.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: