Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This dessert is so beautiful.
- 1 (12 ounce) bagindividually quick frozen raspberries, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- extra sugar, for dusting pan
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold cranberry-raspberry juice or 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 (3 ounce) packagesunfilled ladyfingers
- 10 ounces fresh raspberries (2 1/2 cups)
- Stir and press raspberries with back of wooden spoon through a strainer set over a bowl (you'll have about 1 1/3 cup puree).
- Add sugar; stir until dissolved.
- Sprinkle gelatin over juice in a medium saucepan.
- Let stand 1 minute.
- Then stir over medium heat until gelatin dissolves.
- Add half the puree; heat until warm.
- Stir into puree in bowl.
- Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, 1 hr or until consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Meanwhile lightly coat an 8 or 9" Springform pan with nonstick spray.
- Dust with sugar; shake out excess.
- Lay strips of ladyfingers, rounded sides out, around inside of pan.
- Cover bottom of pan with ladyfingers, flat sides down and trimmed to fit.
- Beat heavy cream in large bowl with mixer on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
- Remove 1 cup and reserve.
- Fold remaining whipped cream into raspberry puree until blended.
- Remove 1 cup; reserve.
- Spread remaining raspberry cream evenly in prepared pan.
- Scrape reserved whipped cream into the bowl and fold into reserved raspberry cream until well blended.
- Scrape on top of first mixture; spread carefully into an even layer.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight at least 4 hours.
- UP TO 1 DAY BEFORE SERVING: Cover top of cake with a layer of raspberries, then remove pan sides.
- Refrigerate until serving.
I have been making this for years. It is always requested for birthdays etc. Just made 3 of them for a bridal shower. They got rave reviews!!!