Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had this at a friends house yesterday and it was wonderful - no camera along so no picture but I will be making it over the holidays. Be careful it is quite potent. She said the recipe was originally from Bon Appetit with a tweak or two by her.The nice thing is that you make the raspberry mixture well in advance- it may be made up to a month ahead kept in the fridge. Preparation time does not include maturing time of 3 days
- 2 1⁄2 pints baskets fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry liqueur, plus
- 2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup cognac or 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 8 sugar cubes
- 750 ml Brut champagne, chilled
- 8 fresh raspberries
- 8 slices lemon peel, twists
- Mash the 2 baskets of raspberries with a fork and mix in 2 tbsp sugar.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Mix in Liquer and Cognac (brandy).
- Pour mixture into a jar, seal and place in a dark kitchen cupboard for 3 days.
- Strain the raspberry mixture, pressing on the solids to get out as much juice as possible. Try to only have the juice no solids so use a fine sieve.
- Pour into a jar and place in the fridge if you are not using it right away -you may keep it up to a month.
- When you wish to serve your cocktail place a sugar cube in each 6 oz flute, pour in 2 tbsp of the raspberry mixture over the cube.
- Fill glasses with chanpagne.
- Garnish with a raspberry & lemon twist.
I LOVED this.