8 hrs 40 mins
Impress your friends with this delicious marriage between a chiffon and cheesecake dessert - Light, Creamy, Low-Fat and Beautiful!! Especially attractive for Valentine's Day! Actual cooking time is minimal, but includes time in the refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups chocolate cookie crumbs or 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs or 1 3/4 cups biscotti cookie crumbs (7 oz.)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 envelope unflavored unsweetened gelatin powder
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 32 ounces fat free cream cheese
- unflavored red food coloring (enough to make it a pretty pink color)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Chambord raspberry liquor (raspberry liqueur)
- 2 tablespoons Chambord raspberry liquor
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jelly or 1 cup raspberry jam
- 1 pint fresh raspberry
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup, in squeese container
- 1CRUST: (About 7 ounces cookies will make 1-3/4 cup crumbs) Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray a 9" or 10" springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Process cookies in food processor until crumbs are the size of graham cracker crumbs.
- 4Mix crumbs and melted butter in a bowl. Add 2 tbs. water and mix.
- 5Press crust into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and cool completely to room temperature
- 6FILLING: Puree thawed raspberries in food processor; strain out seeds.
- 7Place 2 tbs. cornstarch in small bowl; add 3 tbs. of raspberry puree and mix to make a slurry.
- 8Pour remaining raspberry puree in sauce pan on medium heat. Heat until boiling.
- 9With whisk, stir in the cornstarch slurry and bring sauce just to a boil, stirring until thickened. Set aside.
- 10In small bowl combine gelatin and cold water and let stand until gelatin is softened. Add boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and liquid is clear. Set aside.
- 11Beat cream cheese, sugar, 2 tbs. raspberry liqueur, and food coloring until well blended.
- 12Slowly add thickened raspberry puree and gelatin mixture and beat until very creamy.
- 13Pour into crust and refrigerate several hours (or overnight) until cake is completely firm.
- 14SAUCE: Microwave raspberry jelly just until softened. With whisk, blend in raspberry liqueur.
- 15Remove springform rim from pan and slice cheesecake into 12-16 slices. GARNISH: Place slice of cheesecake on plate, spoon a little raspberry sauce on top; drizzle a little chocolate over cheesecake getting some on plate to decorate.
- 16NOTE: For Strawberry Cheesecake- Frozen strawberries can be substituted for the frozen raspberries; fresh strawberries substituted for fresh raspberries.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Chambord Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.7
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 721.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 48.7 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chambord raspberry liquor
Chambord raspberry liquor