Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes two pretty little cakes that you can share with someone you love. Fresh raspberries, raspberry preserves, lemon curd, cream cheese frosting spiffy up prepared shortcakes. This one looks so elegant. From Pam Anderson and BH&G.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup lemon curd
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) packageprepared shortcakes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberry
- 2 tablespoons low-sugar raspberry preserves
- fresh raspberry
- 1 small mint leaf
- for frosting, in small bowl beat cream cheese and butter with electric mixer on medium heat until smooth. Beat in lemon curd. Add powdered sugar; beat until smooth and fluffy. Set aside.
- Place two cakes, well sides up, on two dessert plates. Divide berries, in a single layer, between wells of two cakes. Spoon 1/2 tablespoon of preserves over each. Place remaining cakes, well sides down, over filling. Spread frosting on cakes. Serve immediately or refrigerate, loosely covered, up to 48 hours. Makes 2 cakes (4 servings).
We had these pretty cakes at a spring party and they were beloved! The cook displayed them on a saucer glued to an inverted wine glass for elegance.