Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
This is a refreshing and sweet berry variation of Brazil's national cocktail, the Caipirinha, which includes the traditional lime juice but uses fresh raspberries in place of the lime. It's a great change to the classic lime cocktail that's worth trying when raspberries are in season. The recipe is fairly basic and can be found on a variety of websites, but I found this version on the About.com site.
- 2 ounces cachaca
- 6 -8 fresh raspberries, plus 1-2 extra raspberries (optional garnish)
- 1 dash lime juice
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons superfine sugar (to suit your tastebuds)
- Place the raspberries and lime juice in an old-fashioned glass. Add the sugar on top, and muddle well.
- Fill the glass with ice, then add the cachaça. Stir well (or shake well).
- Garnish with a fresh raspberry and serve.