Recipe by huskerlayd
A great holiday or tea cookie. You could use other preserves besides raspberry too.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces walnuts, finely ground
- 1 (10 ounce) jar raspberry preserves
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolks, flour, salt, and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Shape into 1 inch balls and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Dip cookies, 1 at a time, into unbeaten egg whites and roll in ground walnuts. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 5 minutes, remove from owven, and make a dent in center of each cookie with your thumb. Fill dents with 1/2 teaspoon raspberry preserves. return to oven and continue baking 10-15 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Cool thoroughly. Just before serving, dust with powdered sugar.