Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great holiday or tea cookie. You could use other preserves besides raspberry too.
Make and share this Raspberry Buttons recipe from Food.com.
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolks, flour, salt, and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Shape into 1 inch balls and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Dip cookies, 1 at a time, into unbeaten egg whites and roll in ground walnuts. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 5 minutes, remove from owven, and make a dent in center of each cookie with your thumb. Fill dents with 1/2 teaspoon raspberry preserves. return to oven and continue baking 10-15 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Cool thoroughly. Just before serving, dust with powdered sugar.