Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serve these moist muffins warm with a little butter. Phoenix 0880 made these (2/6/07) and figured they are 4 WW Points for 1 if you make 12.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add egg and buttermilk; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in berries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400ºfor 20 minutes or until browned.
Charlotte, these muffins were incredible! So easy to make. I think they would also be nice with blueberries or banana. Certainly I will be making them again.
These easy, quick muffins are wonderful! I used frozen raspberries. And I added 1/2 t vanilla. These are great at breakfast with butter and raspberry jam!! I'll be making more of these! Thanks Barbara, great recipe!
Served these for breakfast this morning. My family really like them. Will definitely be making these during berry season. Thanks for posting this.