Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13- by 9-inch metal baking pan.
- On waxed paper, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. In 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Remove saucepan from heat; with wire whisk, stir in sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in jam and vanilla, whisking until well mixed. With spoon, stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture just until blended. Spread batter in pan.
- Bake brownie 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from edge comes out almost clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- When cool, cut brownie lengthwise into 6 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into 6 pieces.