Recipe by Kazryn
Who doesn't love brownies? This recipe is fudgey and soft, just like brownies should be.
- 350 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 250 g brown sugar
- 110 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 175 g fresh raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 170C and grease a 23cm square cake tin.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a saucepan set over a low heat and gently melt, stirring occasionally. Do not overheat, the chocolate will go crumbly! Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs until thick, then gradually add the sugar and beat until glossy.
- Beat in the cooled (but still warm) melted chocolate mixture, then GENTLY fold in the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Do not overmix.
- Pour in a little over half the brownie mixture into the prepared tin. Scatter over the raspberries, then cover with the remaining mixture.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the surface is cooked. The brownies will be cooked when a skewer inserted into the middle comes out with just a little mixture sticking to it.
- Remove from the oven, place the tin on a wire rack and allow to rest for about 15-20 minutes. Cut the brownies into squares and carefully remove them from the tin when cold.