Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This brownie recipe was on a package of Challenge Butter. I can't wait to try it.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen raspberries (individually quick frozen not in syrup)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter a 10x15 inch rimmed baking pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, and salt. Fold dry ingredients into creamed mixture, then mix until well blended. Spread mixture into pan. Sprinkle frozen raspberries evenly over batter and gently press inches Sprinkle nuts over the top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
OMG! If you are reading this, head for the kitchen now! I'm a total brownie lover but there is usually a little something not quite right about each recipe. Not this one! The balance of sweet chocolate & tart berries is just perfect. Every bite has a delicious chocolate flavor followed by a burst of tangy raspberry. Yum! I followed the recipe but omitted the walnuts due to allergies. I also used double dutched cocoa. So easy to make too. Thank you for sharing, Megan! Made & enjoyed for Spring 2009 Pick A Chef. (You've been adopted!) http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=296583&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Very yummy brownies - I made them with almonds instead of walnuts, and the result was very pretty brownies! I did find that the baking time was about double what was quoted, but I'm not sure if that's because my raspberries were frozen, or if my oven was running a bit low, but at 25 minutes, they were still half uncooked. Thank you for the fantastic recipe!