1 hr 4 mins
Leslie in Texas's Note:
This takes some effort to put together, but I guarantee you'll love the end result!Double layers of thin brownies and vanilla ice cream topped with raspberry sherbet..mmm! Wonderful dessert for a summer dinner! Originally from a July 1984 Bon Apetit that featured "Perfect Partners- Ice Cream and Cake". Freezing time not included in prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For Fudge Brownies
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 pint raspberry sherbet
- 2 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1For Brownies.
- 2Position oven rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- 3Line 8-inch square pan with parchment or foil; butter paper or foil.
- 4Melt chocolate and 3 T. butter in double boiler over hot, but not boiling water.
- 5Stir until smooth; cool slightly.
- 6Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 7Blend egg and sugar using electric mixer; mix in vanilla.
- 8Gradually beat in chocolate mixture.
- 9Stir in dry ingredients, then walnuts, using wooden spoon.
- 10Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- 11Bake until tester inserted in center comes out dry, about 19 minutes.
- 12Cool completely in pan on rack.
- 13Invert onto rack and remove paper.
- 14Cut into 16 squares.
- 15Freeze brownies until solid, but not solid, about 2 hours.
- 16Line bottom of 8-inch square pan with waxed paper; freeze about 15 minutes.
- 17Soften sherbet in refrigerator until spreadable; smooth into prepared pan.
- 18Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.
- 19Soften 1 cup ice cream in refrigerator until spreadable.
- 20Smooth over sherbet and freeze until firm.
- 21Cut each of the brownies into 2 layers.
- 22Cover ice cream with half of brownies, arranging around sides first, then filling in center.
- 23Press into ice cream to even top.
- 24Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.
- 25Soften remaining 1 1/2 cups ice cream in refrigerator;spread over brownies.
- 26Freeze 15 minutes.
- 27Cover ice cream with remaining brownies, smooth sides up, arranging around the sides first, then filling in the center.
- 28Press into ice cream to even top.
- 29Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- 30Run knife around edge of dessert and invert onto platter; peel off parchment paper.
- 31Return to freezer.
- 32For Topping.
- 33Whip cream with sugar and vanilla until peaks form.
- 34Spoon in a pastry bag fitted with a medium star tip.
- 35Pipe mixture in ruffles over sides of cake.
- 36Pipe rosettes on top.
- 37Place a raspberry atop each rosette.
- 38Serve with additional berries.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Brownie Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.8
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 98.4 mg
- Sodium 106.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 32.4 g
- Protein 5.5 g