Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from th Very Virgina Junior League cookbook. I'm serving it at a post holiday get together.
Make and share this Raspberry Brie en Croute recipe from Food.com.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 ounces brie cheese
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place pastry sheet on a lightly greased baking pan.
- Place Brie in center of pastry, spread with preserves and sprinkle with almonds.
- Wrap Brie in pastry sheet, trimming excess.
- Seal seams with water and press together with fingers.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Serve with crackers.
This recipe is a hit at any party !! - I made this with chopped walnuts and and ez roll out pie crust and it was delicious -- everyone gobbled it up !!
This is a great, elegant classic recipe. Use a Silpat if you have one to prevent sticking. You can also make this with finely chopped walnuts instead of almonds. I usually cut the Brie in half horizontally and add the fillings in between but the way the recipe is written is also fine.
I had a special occasion which I used homemade puff pastry (#16834) and baked individual little sides. Fantastic! Great 'manly-man' addition to a champagne toast :)