Recipe by Chef mariajane
This is just an excellent menu item for those brunches - very tasty - another great recipe from Smuckers!!
- 2 cups packaged baking mix
- 3 ounces cream cheese (1/3 of 250g package)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup smuckers raspberry jam
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 -3 teaspoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 425°F Grease a baking sheet.
- In medium bowl, measure baking mix. Cut in cream cheese and butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in milk. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead 10-12 times. Roll dough into a 12x9 rectangle. Turn onto prepared baking sheet. Spread jam lengthwise down center 1/3 of dough. Make 2-inch cuts at 1-inch intervals on long sides. Fold strips over filling.
- Bake in center of preheated oven 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine all glaze ingredients, add enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over coffee cake.
- Replace Raspberry jam with your favorite jam.