Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A nice holiday bread to add to your collection. From my Remarkable Red Raspberry Cookbook. Makes two loaves.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil (my preference is to sub applesauce to reduce the amount of oil)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups frozen raspberries, thawed
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon (or less to suit your tastes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat eggs until light and foamy. Add oil (or combination of oil and applesauce), sugar, raspberries and vanilla. Mix lightly, but well. Sift flour, salt, soda, cinnamon and baking powder together. Add nuts. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients - stir well. Pour into two 9x5x2 inch loaf pans. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 1 hour.
Oh my!! What an awesome bread!!! I made this scaled back to make one loaf and subbed pecans for the walnuts. I really loved the flavor combination of the cinnamon, raspberries and pecans. Thanks for sharing a great recipe. Made for CQ 2014.