Cook1 hr 30 mins
Make and share this Raspberry Brandy Pecan Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 226.79 g butter
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 709.77 ml cake flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon, ground
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml brandy
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped
- 354.88 ml powdered sugar
- 44.37 ml raspberry preserves
- 14.79 ml brandy
- 14.79 ml honey
- Using a mixer, Combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Mix in a separate bowl flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Blend sour cream and brandy.
- Blend in half the sour cream mixture. Then half the dry mixture. Repeat.
- Add chopped pecans.
- Grease bottom and sides of pan and pour in batter. I use a bunt pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about one hour and a half.
- During the last 15 minutes, check to see if it is done. (everyone's oven is a little different).
- Remove from oven, and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Turn upside down on a wire rack.
- For topping, combine sugar and brandy.
- Stir in preserves and honey.
- If the topping is too thick, add small amounts of water to thin it to pour over cake.
- Pour the topping over the cake, and allow to roll down the sides.
- Serve and enjoy!
What a GEM! This recipe was on my list to try during the RSC#11 but didn't get a chance to do it. I prepared as stated, no substitutes, & it baked in 70 minutes. It's deliciously moist with a great texture. The brandy seems like a lot in the ingredients but turns out to be a perfectly smooth hint of flavor in the finished product. The raspberry glaze is very sweet alone but compliments the cake in a most pleasing way. Made & enjoyed for Hidden Gems (RSC#11 Jan 2008).