Recipe by Dee514
This is a recipe that I got from "The Berry Farm" (in Colt's Neck, NJ) some 34+ years ago. I can't say if the berry farm still exists because I haven't lived in NJ for over 20 years.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed, dried and stems removed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberry, washed and dried
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9-inch square, metal baking pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda into a bowl.
- In a medium sized bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and orange rind.
- Beat in half of the flour mixture.
- Beat in all the milk, and then the remaining flour mixture.
- Fold in berries, and turn batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until well browned.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- When cooled, remove from pan.
- Serve warm or cold.