Recipe by Wendy-Bob
We have Innocent fruit drinks in the UK which I love - they're all fruit and absolutely nothing else. They are also really expensive, so I like to make my own versions. They're really simple and really cheap to make in the summer (more so if you grow your own fruit!). This is my fave recipe...
Top Review by UmmBinat
Beautiful, delicious raw smoothie!!! Like another reviewer I used a navel orange and fresh raspberries of course! I cut the orange so I included no pith whatsoever and used the flesh remaining on the skin to squeeze for the juice. Additionally because of my sad blender I added a bit of water. I'd like to try a blood orange in this next time insha Allah (God willing).
- 1 (290 g) can raspberries (drained. Or a punnet of fresh ones works even better!)
- 1 large blood orange (although I'm sure it works with other types too)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (or water if you prefer)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice both ends off the orange and carefully remove the skin and as much of the white as you can. I find it easiest to just use a sharp knife and cut away as much as possible.
- Chop in quarters and throw in a blender.
- Wash raspberries and add to the blender.
- Add 2tbsps orange juice (water works too but it needs something to thin it out a bit) and blend until smooth.